THOUGHTS

The Blog is purposed to record my daily thoughts

Friday, September 17, 2004

I and Observation

I know, at least I think I know, that I did not exist before I was born.

I know, at least I think I know, that I will not exist after I die

I know, at least I think I know, that the matter made up me exiested before I was born

I know, at least I think I know, that the matter made up me will continues to exist after I die

I know, at least I think I know, that I am a part of the world within a certain time period

I know, at least I think I know, that the world contains me within a certain time period

I know, at least I think I know, that I am capable of observing the world

I know, at least I think I know, that I am capable of observing myself

I know, at least I think I know, that, when I observe, the world is disturbed

I know, at least I think I know, that, when I observe, I am disturbed

An observation is the world disturbing itself!!! How is this possible

1 Comments:

Blogger Jia Lu said...

I know, at least I think I know, that I have always existed.

I know, at least I think I know, that I will always exist.

I know, at least I think I know, that the matter of which I am made, transformed to become me when I was born.

I know, at least I think I know, that the matter of which I am made, will transform again after I die.

I know, at least I think I know, that I am a part of the world for all time.

I know, at least I think I know, that I am not capable of observing any more than certain aspects of the world available to my perceptions.

I know, at least I think I know, that I am not fully capable of observing myself.

Therefore it follows I am a part of the world that observes itself, and is disturbed by the process. An observation is how I create the form of world that I perceive.

There is a vast world that I cannot perceive. Not yet subject to my perception, it has not yet taken form. It exists in formlessness. My lack of perception does not cause it to cease existing. What you have perceived and I have not, I can choose to believe in or not. But my belief does not cause it to exist or cease to exist.

In just the same way, my belief in the things I can perceive will not cause them to exist, but only dresses them in form. My death will not rob them of existence, but only strips them of form.

The world is made of the same stuff. Not energy or matter. Not light or dark. Those are only forms that we perceive, and the forms are always changing. One moment I am a human, the next moment I am a corpse, and while I live I am a collection of molecules that assemble and dissolve simultaneously. What you and I perceive as "I" is nothing more than a momentary form available to observation. "I" is a convenient word for something impossible to define or delimit. It has no more independent reality than a drop of water in the ocean.

Since "I" am not real, how much more illusory are my perceptions!

September 25, 2004 at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home